We organize Volunteer-led Training Rides of varying lengths and difficulties, designed for people of all fitness levels. This is your chance to get in shape while meeting Riders in your neighbourhood! There’s a whole community of fellow Riders out there for you to connect with while getting ready for this epic journey. Remember, everyone else who has registered for The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer is in the same situation as you. They may not be ready now, but they will be with regular training and our help. To RSVP for the next Training Ride in your area, visit our Training Ride Calendar here.
Once you sign up for The Ride, check out our site to learn about proper nutrition and track your training progress. And last but not least, you can always call your Ride Guides with any questions about training. They will be able to provide you with one-on-one guidance to ensure you reach your goals.
Click here to download our suggested training guidelines to help plan out workouts, kilometres cycled, hours per week on your bike, and cross-training activities. Remember, these kilometre guidelines are an ideal plan. If you can't fit all of this into your schedule, don't get so discouraged that you avoid riding altogether just do what you can! Consistency is the key to proper training. The more you train, the more you'll enjoy The Ride.
Chain Reaction4231 Dundas St. W.
Toronto, ON M8X 1Y3
- 12 week cycle training program for $189 starting the first week of January! Their classes run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6:15pm and 7pm. Their bicycles are the first of their kind in Canada
- They have 12 Cycleops Club 300PT Power Tap-equipped spin bikes. These bikes measure power output (watts), cadence, heart rate and calorie burn rate allowing qualified instructors to give you a better workout that is more accurate and precise. You can even use the Cycleops proprietary USB storage device to record your workouts!
CYKL68 Bathurst Street (@Wellington)
Toronto, ON M5V 2P5
- 15% off on drop-in rate and CYKL Flex Packages (like our 5/10/20 packages).
- 15% off on our Winter Base Training Program (12 week periodization program – starts Jan 10th). Great way to train for the ride throughout the winter.
Energia Athletics164 Danforth Ave
Toronto, ON M4K 1N1
- RTCC riders can buy a 10 class pass for $130 (regular price $160 expires 2 months after activation.
- Our Spinning studio features Virtual Ride Spinning® - a 45 minute class with great music & motivating instructors riding a varied mixture of flat road, climbs and downhill sections, along with full HD forward motion video on a huge screen at the front of the studio. Our unique Virtual Ride system features some of the most stunning scenery in North America and Europe. Because you are immersed in a true virtual riding experience you will find that you stay more focused for the entire 45 minute ride, resulting in a more challenging, stimulating and satisfying workout.
- We also offer yoga and kettlebell classes which are a perfect complement to your core cycling training!
RPM Total Fitness2968 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M6P 1Y8
- 12-week program to build aerobic fitness, strength and power for your RTCC ride!
- For all levels of experience
- You'll learn about bike selection, nutrition and emergency repairs
- Regular price $339 for 12 weeks
- Early bird registration for the month of November at a discounted rate of $299
- For more information please contact Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered Participants receive 10% off regularly scheduled spin classes
- 2015 season begins January 11 (registration opens November 2014)
- Sunday from 12:00p.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Bring water - you'll need it
- Call or email for additional information
MEC London1230 Wellington Rd Unit 111
- $75 spin package for any 10 classes from now until April 1. The regular cost of a drop in class is $10 per class so this is a cost saving of $25 over a 10 class period.
- If you choose the package pricing please note that you will need to call or email the store the week of the class(es) you wish to participate in to reserve your spot in the class as spots are limited to 15 people per class.
- Sunday morning class that will focus on building your endurance over the course of a 2 hour class. Wednesday evenings that will focus on working on smoothing out that pedal stroke using pedalling efficiency intervals and leg speed work over the course of a 1.5 hour class.
- What you need: a bike in good repair, a trainer (trainers are available to rent for $5 on site, but are limited so call ahead to reserve yours) water bottle (maybe 2) towel
Oxygen Bike Co.3731 Lake Shore Blvd West
Toronto, ON M8W 1P8
- Discounted spin classes for registered Riders
Studio TwentyFonthill Shopping Plaza
Hwy 20, Fonthill
- 10 punches = 5 Hours of Class Time - $60
- 20 punches = 10 Hours of Class Time - $105
- 30 punches = 15 Hours of Class Time - $145
- 40 Punches 20 hours of class time $185
- *Ride to Conquer Cancer participants will receive $5, $10, $15 and $20 off their punch cards from January 25th - June 12th
Your FIT NRG6455 Fallsview Blvd.
Niagara Falls, ON
- Come on out and try 2 FREE classes!
- Our online schedule can be found on our website www.yourfitnrg.ca
- Participants special membership rate of $37.50 per month includes unlimited classes, use of weight room and indoor pool (available until June 2015)
- Drop in rate for participants is $11.75 per class
Come Alive Fitness486 Weber St. N. Suite 101
Waterloo, ON, N2L 4E7
- 15 indoor trainers, to which riders bring their own bike, or 10 spinbikes available for each class
- We have a convenient on-line booking system to secure and pre-book spots with packages of 10 or 20 classes.
- 10 class pack is available for $150, and 20 class pack for $250. We also offer a First Month Special with unlimited classes for only $40 for the first month. All packages gives full access to any class on our schedule. Besides cycling classes, we also offer strength, bootcamp, core, pilates and yoga classes - all to help get the riders to the start line fit, injury free and ready to go!
World Tour Indoor Cycling845 Harrington Ct
- Team WTIC Welcomes 2015 Ride To Conquer Cancer Riders
- WTIC is the leader in Indoor cycling training
- Novice to expert Team WTIC coaches will work with you to attain your goals
- We have created a special pricing for all 2015 participants.
- Join other team members from Steve's Cycle Path and Breast Foot Forward.
- 10 Ride Pass $140.00
- 15 Ride Pass $190.00
- 20 Ride Pass $235.00
- WTIC Training package 48 rides for the price of 40, 3 rides per week including the 0ne hour Sunday ride. $520.00 All pricing + HST
Mohawk College Massage Team135 Fennell Ave W
Hamilton, ON L9C 1E9
- Come to Mohawk College to experience our student run massage clinic! Located on 135 Fennell Ave W, Hamilton, ON L9C 1E9 it’s a great place to relax. Appointment times are Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:15 or 5:30 or Thursday 8:00or 9:30am. Its 30 dollars per hour session including intake, assessment and homecare recommendations.
- Bookings can be requested at email@example.com
OHMM CENTRE at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Acupuncture (or electric, cupping, moxa, herbs)
- Sports Massage (Soft and Deep Tissue)
- Foot/Hand Relaxation/Moisture Treatments
- Relaxation/Rejuvenation Therapies
- Pain Patches
- AND MORE...
Or Call 905.308.3438